Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 6

Bubble and Squeak

Have you ever heard of this? I hadn't until I found it in my new spice cookbook. That is what we are having to eat tonight. It is a dish made with leftovers in England, but I made it from scratch. Hmmm. It smells delish. Even Dave is anxious to try it. He doesn't know that it has brussel sprouts and leeks in it! Haha. He is in for an experience. This is meatless. IF I do it again, I may add some type of meat to it. The name of it in the cookbook is Bubble and Squeak with Poudre De Colombo. That there is a spice combination! It has cloves, cumin seed, coriander seed, black pepper, fenugreek seed, black musdtard seed, ground turmeric and uncooked rice. I've tasted this as it is cooking and I like it. I will finish this report after it finishes cooking and we eat it!

Yum Yum! Dinner is finished. Dave liked it! Amazing!! I asked if he wanted to know what was in it, he said "No, why ruin a good thing!" I am pleased. Love using my new spices and trying new recipes. I am sure I will be making this dish again. You can really use any vegetables in it. The carrots weren't in the original recipe but I thought it needed some color. And YES. I selected this recipe because of the crazy name.

No comments: