Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Day 20

WHY I LOVE THRIFT STORES

Awhile back my 93 year old aunt asked me to look for a new comforter for her queen size bed when I go to the Goodwill. Today was the day I found the perfect thing! It's not a comforter but a quilt. It is beautiful! I was happy that it is in near perfect condition and it was 20% off for seniors today. I also found some skeins of 100% Peruvian Wool fingering weight yarn, so will be thinking about what I will create with it. I think the reason I like going to thrift stores is the thrill of the hunt! You never know what you might find. Last night I wore a Christine Alexander brand bejeweled jacket that I found months ago at Goodwill and everyone at Bunco oohed and awed over it! I ran into another lady from our community while I was in Goodwill today and this happens frequently. Some people wouldn't dream of shopping at thrift stores, but I think that when you can pay $12 for a lovely queen size quilt it makes it well worth my time and effort!

I also follow a blogger (ReFashionista) and you can find her link to the right. She gets clothing for $1 or $2 and cuts them apart and refashions them into other clothing items. She is inspiring! I seldom find anything marked that low at Goodwill unless I go on Mondays when things with a certain colored tag is marked down to $1.79 each. Still a great price but usually I can't find much that I want at that price.

Our bed is king size and the quilt is folded in half so this will fit Eileen's bed nicely. She is going to love it!

No comments: