Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 19

TWO OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

Sewing and listening to music. The 6" wide stitched cardinal hanging was in process of hand sewing the binding and I needed a couple more grey branches in the lower left area with a few more red buttons. It represents the month of January. I have made three of these hangings so far.

And check out that BOSE speaker. I simply use bluetooth to connect Pandora from my cell phone to this speaker. It is portable and for that I am very thankful. It normally sits on its charger in the kitchen, but I can take it into my sewing room, office or out on the patio and listen to excellent quality music. My music of choice is Jimmy Buffett Radio on Pandora  I'm a country girl so I like Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney among others. Country music always takes me back to the hours I spent in the barn mucking stalls, grooming horses, etc. while listening to country music on the radio. Good times! They also play some Eagles which is a blast from the past. And Jimmy Buffett gets me that feeling of being in Key West, on the beach, soaking up some sun. All in all, it is good music for me to sew by. I am  happiest when I can get in the groove with music and work on some of my many sewing projects!

No comments: