Sunday, March 13, 2016

Day 73

SEWING A LAP QUILT
A bit of a twist on the Log Cabin

Friday morning I attended our Sew Fun meeting at Quality Sewing, where I bought a new pattern and cutting template. As it turns out this is a pattern to make a "wonky" version of the traditional Log Cabin design. I'm not a fan of traditional quilts so this is just enough off to make it appealing to me. Besides, I already had a jelly roll (pack of 2 1/2" strips of fabric) that I was anxious to use. Unfortunately I don't have quite enough to finish the 9 blocks, so will need to see if I can find some of this particular brand of fabrics locally or I will need to order some online. It seems that it is not being made anymore. At least it is out of stock in several online shops. 

So tomorrow I will be off to the local quilt shops to see if I can find what I need. You can get an idea of the wonky squares, which end up being 12 1/2" blocks from the photo. I still had more strips to sew and cut, but this is a super easy pattern. And hallelujah, our power stayed on!



No comments: