Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Day 61

CRUNCH TIME
Last Minute Sewing Project

So, today at 6:30 pm I got a call from my daughter asking if I had sewn the African dress for Charlotte yet. It seems she is giving her preschool report on Sierra Leone tomorrow! Well, at least I had prewashed the fabric that she had purchased on her trip to Sierra Leone.

I will have it done in time for her to wear it to her 12:30 class. All I have left to do in the morning is attach the bodice to the skirt, put the zipper in and finish the hem. Easy peasy.

Instead of gathering the skirt by using a basting stitch, I decided to try another method which is new to me. I used my cording foot and zig zagged over some heavy thread. That way I can make the gathers more even and then stitch and pull out the heavy thread, leaving the zig zagged stitches in place. Should work well. We'll see! Now it is time for bed!



No comments: