Sunday, March 6, 2016

Day 66

HOMEMADE TOOTHPASTE
Made with clay of all things!

I'm just about out of my first jar of homemade toothpaste, so tonight I am making another batch. Easy task.


You may think this is a crazy idea but several months ago I decided to try something new when brushing my teeth. I've used all sorts of toothpaste and I get frustrated by all the additional ingredients added to regular toothpaste, including triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate and diethanolamine to name a few! I am not obsessed with trying to eliminate all of this stuff from my home and body, but I just think that every little bit helps. Besides....I actually like my homemade paste!

If you want to check out the recipe click here.

I use DoTerra essential oils (except I ran out of peppermint, so I ordered a different brand) and the bentonite clay is Redmond Clay from Amazon.

Since you need to keep this toothpaste away from metal objects, I mixed it in a glass jar using a wooden popsicle stick. The plastic spoon is not sturdy enough to use and will break for sure.

Speaking of DoTerra oils, I need to blog about them, but I'll save that for another day.

No comments: