Saturday, July 16, 2016

Day 198

PIZ BERNINA
who knew??

Today, in doing a bit of research on Bernina sewing machines, I discovered that the name Bernina was taken from the name of the tallest mountain in the eastern Alps. The prefix Piz is taken to mean any mountain in southeastern Switzerland. I found this interesting because Switzerland has been one of my favorite countries since I was in 4th grade and did a report on the cities of Switzerland. What goes around comes around, I guess! Who knew I would grow up to love sewing and have the pleasure of knowing that the best home sewing machine on the market is named after a mountain in Switzerland. And that I actually traveled through Switzerland and fell in love with it.
Nope, I surely didn't take this photo of Piz Bernina. It wasn't even close to the area I was traveling through in Switzerland last fall. 13,283 ft elevation, a bit shorter than Mt. Rainier at 14,410 ft.

By Iter1 - Own work, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3608632
This photo was labeled Piz Bernina and the Bernina Express.


Bernina and I share the same tag line...."made to create."  I'm definitely the happiest when I can create something!

No comments: