Monday, April 11, 2016

Day 102

DID I ALREADY SAY HOW MUCH I HATE EXERCISE?
Well, I do!

You might ask why I am borrowing an exercise bike if I don't like exercise. I'm trying to force myself to get more active. Since I'm not golfing or doing much walking, I am feeling very frustrated with my general fitness.

My back has been giving me problems lately and I suspect it is related to the way I'm walking. Both Dave and I are like old people with our aches and pains. Oh wait...we ARE old people. I still think like a young person and yet it is so discouraging to realize that we have to make adjustments as we age. So many of my friends and acquaintances have had or need a variety of surgical "adjustments" and replacements, and it is true that there are plenty of people who breeze right on through their 60's and 70's with nary a whimper! And aches and pains that are few and far between.

Whimper.

Since I don't want to be stuck in a recliner for the rest of my life, I will plod on toward a fitter body, using this old but trusty exercise bike.

No, I don't use it in this location. I move it NEXT TO my recliner and pedal away during "The
Five" on FOX TV.


No comments: