Sunday, April 10, 2016

Day 101

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES
to me anyway!

Let's just say that you don't sew. I know most people don't own a sewing machine. I come by sewing naturally. My grandma sewed and I don't remember a time when my mom didn't sew. I have sewn since I was a kid. 

So the question I have is this. What do all the non-sewers do when they purchase slacks or their husband's slacks or jeans and they need to be shortened? Dave's inseam is 31" which means they will either be an inch too long or an inch too short, so I have been shortening 32's to 31 ever since we got married. And I'm short so unless I get slacks in a short length I need to hem up my pants.

Over the course of one's life, especially raising children, there are countless items that will need repairing. Torn knees, buttons popping off, making shorts (with a hem!) from old pants, repairing seams when the factory stitching comes apart, etc. etc. Does everyone just throw their things away at the slightest boo boo?

So that is my mystery of the day. I don't expect an answer. I just don't get why every home doesn't have a sewing machine!!
Next up is to remove the cuffs on a pair of black slacks for Dave.


No comments: