Thursday, February 25, 2016

Day 56

I NEED TO STAY OUT OF JEWELRY STORES

I bought the most lovely necklace slider at an estate sale for one dollar a few months ago. EVERYONE seems to comment on it and several have suggested that I go to a jewelry store and have someone look at it and find out if it is real. Real diamonds, that is. So, today was the day. I went to the Jewelry Exchange right here in the Renton Highlands. Just as I suspected, though this piece of jewelry is indeed gorgeous, it is not made with real diamonds or real silver either. Doesn't really matter to me because I love it anyway and it only cost me one dollar.

If you know me very well, you would know that I love jewelry. Especially expensive jewelry! The lady who helped me explained why their jewelry is priced so low. It is because they "blah, blah, blah, blah." Look it up for yourself if you want to know! As usual, I had to check out their deals, which were pretty extraordinary  But then, the sales lady said "Oh, come over here....I have to show this beautiful ring."

Sucker! Of course, it fit me beautifully. One carat color enhanced diamond center stone with I forget how many carats of smaller channel set diamonds. It looked just right on my finger. Yup, it was pricey, but no worries. Sigh. No, no, no. I will not be going back to purchase it! But I certainly do know what I like!!



No comments: