Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Day 53

I ALMOST FORGOT

I have lots of projects that I am working on. Last week I bought 3 white leaf shaped doilies. I wasn't thrilled with white so I soaked them in some hot Lipton Tea until they became a nice tan color. Still, not what I envisioned, I used some of my fabric inks to try to make them mottled autumn looking leaves. Too much color, too little color. I fiddled with them and removed most of the obnoxious colors. One looks pretty good but the other two have streaks of color instead of blotches since I hung them to dry. One out of three isn't bad, especially since I purchased them at Goodwill for under $2 for all three! Perhaps in the next few daysI will play with them again and work at getting the splotches of color that I hope for. For now, this is what they look like.


No comments: