Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Day 55

MONOPOLY

You can't tell by looking, but it is Monopoly by SAFEWAY

I bet most people have played Monopoly, especially during their childhood. Who doesn't want to pretend to be a big property owner!? I loved to buy properties and houses and hotels and make my opponents pay big bucks for rent.

Here I am again, playing Monopoly. This time for BIG cash prizes! Ooooh,..."shop, play, win!" Maybe I better go back to Safeway and spend more so I will have a bigger chance of winning. I don't know why I am bothering with this game, which Dave brought home after going to the store to pick up 3 items. I usually just toss these in the recycling bin. How many times have we been faced with these Monopoly games from every grocery store and even McDonald's over the last 30 years??

My younger granddaughters have a kid's version of Monopoly which uses one dollar bills, so when I played with them, they would catch me saying "I need my $200 for passing GO." "Grandma, it is TWO DOLLARS!" It is difficult for old habits to die.

Recently I heard that there is a new game of Monopoly being released soon that will not use paper money, but the players will use a "credit card!" Wonder how that will work. Looks like the way we pay for things now is going to be reflected in our games as well.

I do indeed miss the '50's. sigh.

No comments: