Saturday, February 13, 2016

Day 44

Uh Oh, I almost forgot!

It's true, I almost forgot...so I took a photo just a minute ago. But then I remembered that I had actually taken another photo or two earlier today. I guess I wanted to forget! Only about 1/2 mile from home, driving our 1999 pickup truck, I ran into another vehicle as I was making a left turn into the grocery store. Traffic had stopped because of a red light so two lanes of traffic left me a space to squeeze through and lo and behold, I had forgotten about that 3rd lane and couldn't see a car coming. Boom! I did very little damage to our truck but since she was moving and I couldn't quite get stopped in time (almost!) my bumper scraped along her driver & passenger doors. As it turned out, I couldn't have run into nicer people! I totally was in the wrong and they were very understanding and said they would have done the same thing if they were me. That made me feel much better.

Luckily no one was hurt and I called Dave to come and see what had happened. We decided that yes we should report it to our insurance company...,.that is why we have insurance after all! It will all get taken care of and I was so pleased that the driver and passenger of the other vehicle were such nice ladies. I have no defense, but the traffic was absolutely horrible this morning and the grocery store was a zoo!! Too bad I didn't just skip the trip. Oh well, I made a delicious pot roast for dinner so all is good. :)

Here is a photo of the other car:


No comments: