Thursday, August 11, 2016

Day 224

DAY ONE OF TWO
learning about Bernina sewing feet and stitches

I'm tired after spending a day learning and doing. Sixteen of us met at the Bernina of Renton store from 9 am until 4 pm and learned some new techniques with some of the specialized presser feet for the Bernina machines. A yummy lunch was provided. Our object was not to create a work of art but to learn some things that we may or may not have known about these wonderful machines and their accessories.

We did end up making a small felt bag to remind us of what we learned. Tomorrow we spend the day learning more amazing things that these machines can do. I have loved my Baby Lock Ellegante but boy, I'm super impressed with the quality of Bernina sewing machines. I always knew....

The bag will not be used for anything at all, but will serve me well as a sample of techniques.

There are lots of bits of thread, fabric, roving and nylon cord on the back side. It is simply a reminder of ways to create.

No comments: