Sunday, August 7, 2016

Day 220

SUNDAY VISIT WITH BOB
and then on to the hospital to see how Marv is doing

Bob and Dave
After church we came home for an hour or more and then went to pay Bob a visit. We got there just in time to watch the Blue Angels on TV. It is Seafair Sunday and as the years roll by Dave and I become less and less interested in Seafair. But we did enjoy watching the performance with Bob. After our visit we drove to the hospital to visit Marv, who has been in the hospital since Tuesday. He was asleep when we arrived so we visited with his wife for a bit and then decided to wake him up. Marv was looking pretty good and we discovered that he gets to go home tomorrow. We had fun joking with he and Merrely until it was time for us to get on home.

Funny thing happened this morning. I woke up tired and getting to the 8 am church service was a bit of a struggle for me this morning. I even dozed off during the sermon! Oh MY! ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Embarrassing. So by the time we got to McDonalds I was complaining to Dave about how sleepy I was and he suggested that I needed a cup of coffee. I've been off coffee for 3 weeks or more trying to eliminate possible sources of inflammation in my body.  So, I said "OK, go ahead and get me a cup of coffee." Well, after about 45 minutes or so Dave, who had been sitting at the far end of our extra long table, said "Wow, I can tell the coffee has kicked in!" I hadn't realized how AWAKE and animated I had become. Not tired at all. I guess coffee really does perk one up!!

No comments: