Sunday, May 29, 2016

Day 149

Chocolate Sheet Cake
Yummy! It's the Pioneer Woman's recipe



I made this cake this morning after seeing the recipe online.  Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever   I knew our friends the Bantells would be coming over for coffee this afternoon. When they showed up, Mer brought a beautiful fancy covered bowl of strawberries which turned out to go perfectly with the cake. I love when things come together with no planning!

Tomorrow our friends the Gores will be coming over to visit so lucky me, we have lots of cake left. I used dark dutch cocoa so my cake and frosting turned out darker than the Pioneer Lady's cake, but it so so good. Next I hope to try a coconut cream cake from one of my favorite dessert cookbooks. Tonight's dinner was angel hair spaghetti with some frozen spaghetti sauce that I made last summer from fresh tomatoes. It was a bit watery but had good flavor. Especially with lots of Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments: