Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Day 131

A FEW HOURS WITH THE GIRLS
while Shauna had a short girls night out

Pete is out of town on business, so Shauna suggested I take the girls to free skate from 7 to 8 pm, which is only about a mile away from their house. Great idea, so off we went. As soon as we arrived, I noticed all the other little kids with helmets on. "We forgot our helmets!" Then after getting their skates on and moving into the ice rink area, it was COLD! "We need our jackets!"  Luckily Shauna hadn't left her house yet so she was able to bring their helmets and jackets to us. Brr. I was cold too, but didn't want to walk all the way out to the car (I was unable to get a close parking spot) and leave the girls unsupervised for 4 minutes, so I simply stayed cold for an hour. I take my job seriously!!

8 pm arrived and it was time to head home. It was after I got back to their house that I discovered a problem. The key chain with their house key on it was at my house. I ALWAYS have both sets of keys, because that key chain has the other 2 cars keys as well as the mail key on it, but Dave used them to move his truck because it was blocking my car and I inadvertently told him to just put the keys on our bed. See ya, Bye! Well, you know it. I had to turn around and drive back to my house, staying only long enough for the girls to have some Jelly Bellys and say Hi to Dave. And Beemer. Then back to their house and PJ's on. Of course they wanted a snack. Charlotte wanted a banana, her favorite, and Hailey wanted me to "spiralize" an apple for her. Once those were eaten, teeth brushed, story read, and prayers said, they were finally in bed, a bit later than their normal bed time.

Shauna got home at 9:45 so after a quick update I scrambled home, played with puppy for a few minutes, prepared for bed and it was lights out.

Here comes Hailey

Me thinks Charlotte has regressed since her lessons ended

I wonder who Grandpa is holding





No comments: