Monday, May 9, 2016

Day 130

MY ONE BIG TASK FOR MONDAYS
wind up the grandmother's clock!

My parents had a similar Grandmother's Clock, but I sold it after my mom died. I should have kept it! But then, when my aunt moved into an assisted living "apartment" she didn't have room for her clock so I inherited it. I thought about selling it. After all it is a grandmother's clock, somewhat smaller than the robust grandfather clocks. I'm glad I decided to keep it because a short time later, we downsized and it fits much better in this space than a big clock would. Besides, it reminds me of my aunt. And that is a good thing.

So I like to tease, when the subject of house cleaning comes up, that my big responsibility for Monday is to wind this clock. I really do have other tasks to do. Monday has typically been my house cleaning  and laundry day. Laundry always has to be done, but cleaning the house? Well, some Mondays I tend to skip certain tasks. How much dust and dirt can two people accumulate in a week anyway?? I hate housework. But then, who LOVES housework??  There is currently laundry in the washer and dryer and Beemer is napping. I've already wound the clock, so I guess I'm done for the day! :)


No comments: