Saturday, May 21, 2016

Day 142

WATER BOWL FOR LONG-EARED DOGS
so they don't get their ears all wet

Yesterday I took Beemer to get his 12 week injection. $18 for the shot and that was it since I opted not to get a complete exam. When he is 16 weeks he gets his final shot in the series and he can finally go out on walks and be exposed to other animals. We are proceeding slowly so as to not have him catch anything until he is fully vaccinated.

So. The bowl. That fancy bowl is expensive! Yup. Even more than the  injection cost! It is ceramic and heavy enough that he can't tip it over or grab hold of it in his mouth. More importantly, it is made for dogs like Beemer, who will have long ears that can drag in his water bowl and make a mess. Frodo had long ears until I got tired of the water drips and had his long ear hair shortened. I didn't know that they made special bowls to accommodate such breeds. This is one spoiled dog!





And just look at all those toys. He likes to chew. He also likes to be in my "office" room with me. And yes, there are more toys in other rooms of the house. Today, Beemer was a tired boy. Probably from his shot yesterday. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat so figured it would be a good day for a movie. He laid on top of me while I was on the couch this afternoon watching  "Roman Holiday" with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. Beemer slept through the entire movie and was such great company! I sure love this dog!

No comments: