Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Must Be a Knit Wit!

Oh, Shauna! Your hat is finished. It is a charcoal color made out of Debbie Bliss Casmerino Aran yarn, which is a wool, microfibre and cashmere blend. It looks better on than just being posed for a photo! I hope you like it:

I discovered among my many half-finished projects, this wool knitted purse, which was almost finished except for the very top of the purse, the i-cord handle and then felting it in the washing machine. What fun! I finished it up this morning and here is the result:
I'm posting this additional photo so you get the idea of how tiny this purse is!! It started out WAY bigger. I think I LOVE this felting process! This turned out exactly the size that the pattern said it would be. 4" wide, 5 1/2" tall and 4" deep. Well, now that I think of it, I did make it just a bit taller. You can keep the handle doubled or pull it through and use it as a shoulder bag. I was glad to have success with my very first knitted and felted project. Maybe I should do a fancy purse next. Or a felted ladies hat. Hmmmm. Lots of possibilities. But then, I need to go finish the Christmas quilt that I have half done. The top is pieced and I just need to finish the back and layer it and quilt. Maybe I will get it all done tonite so I can post the finished project tomorrow. I'm really having more fun than a person should be allowed to have!!
AND...I'm still thankful to God that I am able to be creative! I kind of know how God must have felt when he created the heavens and the earth and all that is in it! Well....I guess a felted purse is a far cry from a giraffe or a platypus! But you know what I mean!

No comments: