Friday, December 3, 2010

Parking Lot Annoyance

OK, people. When you park your car, please pay attention to the cars on either side! When I took my aunt to the doctor today,I backed in to the parking space, straight in and far to the other side where there was a curb and shrubbery. The lady who parked next to me scraped past my bumper as you can see and didn't even have the courtesy to leave me a note! BUT another person saw what happened and left me a note on my windshield with her name and number and the license number of the other car.



To make a long story short, I tracked down this driver as she was quickly exiting the clinic (I had someone page the driver of such and such model car, license #such and such) and lo and behold, the woman scurried out with key in hand to exit before getting caught. Of course, she denied hitting me, but I told her there was a witness and I had photos of both vehicles and she was parked at an angle and over the line, with corresponding damage to her car. I did get her insurance information but she still didn't believe that she had done this. Holy cow!! Can you not feel it when you scrape another car??? I already talked to my insurance company, got an estimate for $528...it doesn't look like much, but I don't want to pay for it!! 

I am so thankful for this other lady who took the time to leave me a note and make sure I knew what had happened. When I see someone do this sort of thing, you can be sure I will be returning the favor!! I'm thankful that it's just a car and no one was hurt, but sure wish people had a conscience!!


No comments: