Saturday, November 20, 2010

Which camera am I using?

I have wanted to purchase a better quality digital camera for quite a long time. One that was fully automatic, but that had the capability of interchangeable lenses and would allow for more creative photography. This is the camera that I have been using for the past 5 years. A Canon PowerShot. I love that it is easy to use, takes a pretty good picture, and I can keep it in my purse.



Dave wasn't so sure he wanted another camera and certainly didn't want a big Digital SLR! We both remember how his back began giving him grief as he was carrying our big OLD movie camera all over Capital Mall in Washington DC almost 20 years ago. How can it be fun to take a big clunky camera with you everywhere you go? He was convinced that we needed a four-thirds type of camera and when we went to the camera shop, there were things about the 2 that we were interested in that just weren't right for us. One didn't have a built in viewfinder. The other was "slippery" and I was afraid we would unintentionally drop it. So, brave soul that I am, I asked the salesman if he had any other option that might fit our needs better. Lo and behold, he pulled down this!



This is the Panosonic Lumix G2 that has everything we were looking for. INCLUDING HD video!! That's really the feature that caused Dave to even consider getting a new camera. He has actually used this camera more than I have. He ordered a tripod for it and has been setting it up outside to videotape his golf swing. He spends more time practicing his swing and now is able to see exactly what he is doing with the golf club. I can't say that his game has improved, but he is enjoying this process.

So, there you have it. We've had this new camera for a few weeks now and all in all it is everything we had hoped for. Now I just need to hone my photography skills!

No comments: