Saturday, June 11, 2016

Day 163

NO MORE GETTING ON THE FLOOR
to pin my quilt layers together

Boy was I happy when I somehow discovered this technique for pinning my quilt layers together. With my knee problems, this will be a real "knee saver!" Here is a link to the tutorial if you want the details. 

I had Dave go to the hardware store and purchase two 4" x 8' pieces of MDF. He cut them down to 2 five foot pieces (I doubt I will be making quilts wider than 60") and the remaining 3 foot sections I can use for pinning narrow wall hangings.

I'm not going to write out all the details of this, but you can get an idea from the photos of how this works. LOVE IT!!! Both the backing and quilt top are rolled onto the slats, then unrolled one turn at a time with the batting flipping back and forth and smoothed down before pinning the layers. I pinned it together this morning and am in the process of free-motion quilting the layers together. Then binding and putting a label on it and it will be finished. I will post a photo of the finished quilt as soon as I get it done. Not tonight!





No comments: