Thursday, June 2, 2016

Day 154

THANKFUL
for good friends

This afternoon we went out to lunch with Ann and John. I have gotten to know Ann through my pinochle group and Dave has helped her husband with computer problems over the past few months. They wanted to take us out to dinner to "repay" Dave for all his geekish help.

My knee was hurting so bad I could barely walk and after we got home Ann called to ask if I would like to borrow her walker. She brought it right over. (They do not live in our neighborhood but only a couple of miles away.)

What a relief! I had just told Dave that I thought I should borrow one for a while so I can get around a bit better and it was perfect that Ann recognized that I could benefit from using one.

Once again, I am thankful. Thankful for people who will go out of their way to lend a hand. Not so thankful for my bum knee, but in time it will get better. I also began using a stronger pain medication so I feel just a bit of relief. Even though I'm somewhat groggy! 




No comments: