Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Day 356

SEWING LESSON WITH ANNIKA
she wanted me to help her make a new dress for Itty Bit

Granddaughter Annika is 9 years old and she has been interested in doing some sewing lately so her mom asked if I could come up to Bellingham and spend part of the day working with her. We had given her a sewing machine for her birthday and this is the first time I have been up there to give her some one-on-one time with the sewing machine.

Itty Bit is her stuffed rabbit. I gave her this rabbit when she was first born and I can't remember if this is the original one or if it is a 2nd generation rabbit. At any rate, she is a tiny bunny and I had made it a dress a few years back, but it was time for another one since the sleeve had a tear in it. Unfortunately there is not pattern for these clothes, so I just have to wing it. 

After we made the first dress, which turned out to be more like a nightgown, we stitched up a 2nd version and then I made Itty Bit a gathered skirt. We had a nice lunch which Kari prepared in the middle of our projects and then when we finished Saben, Annika and I played a card game called Rat-a-Tat-Cat. It was a fun day together and I left there at about 4 pm, arriving home at a little past 6:30. I was right in the middle of rush hour which added an additional hour to the drive. But it was worth the effort!

Annika did a fine job of working with her sewing machine

Saben entertained himself with his Rubik's Cube and the computer

Itty Bit with her new frock

No comments: