Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Day 335

BEEF STEW IN A PRESSURE COOKER
20 minutes and it is cooked to perfection

I forgot to take a photo of the pressure cooker in action, so here it is after it is has been washed and ready to get put back in the pantry. I've had this cooker for 20 years or more and I need to use it more often because it does an amazingly good job. I just wish we had purchased a smaller one. This is just too big for the two of us. So, Ed came over to share our stew tonight. Still....forgot to take a photo of dinner.
I know they now sell electric pressure cookers which seems weird to me. I feel like it couldn't possibly get hot enough to do the job. I have fried chicken in this big cooker, but it was not worth the effort. I think I had to make enough for at least 6 of us a few years ago. Next I think I will cook a whole chicken. 


Merrely came over this afternoon to have a latte (thanks for making them, Dave) and to catch up. She brought some biscotti that a friend of her made. Yum.

No comments: