Sunday, October 16, 2016

Day 290

I'M SICK OF BEING SICK
I haven't had a cold in quite a while and this one is a doozy!

I'm getting kind of bored. I don't feel like doing anything. And I have no motivation. Oh, I guess I already said that. That about sums up the last MONTH AND A HALF! First it was because of my knee and not being able to do much. Now since Monday night I've been miserable with this cold. I am beginning to wonder if I've arrived at a new level in my life. One of just not doing anything. I feel like a big blob!

I have a few knitting projects to do and several sewing projects. I could read a book. Blah. I realize that I actually may be able to golf this spring but even that thought has left me feeling flat. What's the point!? There will just be another medical issue that will slow me down again. Like today. My lower back was giving me sharp pains....just like when I had before I had my laminectomy. Only this time I have corresponding pain down the outside of both of my calves. Sigh. I took two Advil and watched a movie (Breakfast at Tiffany's) in bed this afternoon. At least now I am feeling much better.

But you know, one thing leads to another. My foot problem is likely partly to blame for my back and knee issues. Everything is connected I guess and when we change the way we walk, we can suffer in other places. I shouldn't complain though. I will recover and get back to normal. I hope!

Hmmmm, I wonder when my knee will be good enough to practice my golf swing!

And there they are! All packed up and waiting for ME! Maybe I will find some enthusiasm and motivation now that I've checked to make sure my clubs are still hanging around!

No comments: