Friday, October 8, 2010

Knit Baby Afghan

I finally finished knitting the white afghan for Baby Myron Girl #2!! Or Katelyn....the paperwork is not finalized yet on her name, so she is just Baby for now. This only took me about 2 months and although it is a relatively simple pattern, the Bobble row took me much more time to knit so it seemed to go on and on. I did watch quite a bit of TV while knitting! There are so many wonderful patterns to knit or crochet, but I decided on this one called "Mint For Friends" from the Leisure Arts book "Our Best Knit Baby Afghans" but I wanted it done in white. I am pleased to say that Shauna loved it!! It is always VERY rewarding when the people I make things for actually LIKE what I made!

I'm working on a sweet pink hat for Baby and will post that when I finish it. I did think ahead and asked Shauna what hat pattern she liked for Hailey from the book I have called "Baby Beanies." Now the trick is to see if Hailey likes it when I finish it! When Shauna was 2 she was VERY opinionated about what clothes she liked and didn't like. I spent some time at the Osh Kosh Store at Factoria today with Shauna and the girls and Hailey knew exactly what she liked and was quick to shake her head "NO" when she didn't like what I pointed out. Shauna is doing a really good job of asking her opinion before buying her clothes.

You can expect to see some other things that I make here on my blog. I love to do all sorts of crafty things and have enjoyed being creative since I was a kid. I learned to sew when I was in junior high school and bought my first NEW Singer sewing machine right after I graduated from high school. I don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't have these outlets to keep me going!

Here is the afghan for Baby:





No comments: