Saturday, September 24, 2016

Day 267

$9 GOODWILL SEWING TABLE
becomes not such a good deal

It began as such a great day! Merrely picked me up at 9:50 to meet Tamie for coffee at Starbucks. Then she and I made the short drive to Goodwill. (We are both Goodwill fans.) I wanted to see if I could find a small table for my Babylock Sewing Machine so I could have that machine set up for embroidery and use the wonderful Bernina 790 for sewing. I would then be able to utilize my sewing time better and have two projects going at the same time.

Lo and behold, there was a perfect 30" wide simple desk/table and only $9!! I paid for it and had them put Dave's name on it so he could pick it up on his way home from lunch with Chip. All was looking fine, until I decided to plop down in this big overstuffed chair that was just across from the desk. PLOP.....unfortunately I didn't notice the solid metal shelf above the couch and the back of my head clanked into it. Ugh. I saw stars and then got a bit worried. Uuhhhh. I'm on a blood thinner for another week. I knew it could be a serious situation if I had an injury, especially a head injury.

After I got home, I called the anti-coagulation clinic to ask their advice. Would this be a potential problem, since I do have a lump on my head but no bleeding? They told me I did the right thing in calling as I needed to watch out for stroke-like symptoms as a potential result of a brain bleed. They suggested I go to Urgent Care just to be on the safe side.

SO, I then needed to call Dave again and tell him that he needs to come directly home after picking up the desk so he could take me to urgent care. Poor Dave! We kind of knew it would be an extra expense because I was probably fine, but how do you make the choice to not get it checked out? Off we went and 3 hours later we were back home after blood work and a CT scan showed no problems. The doctor encouraged me that we did the right thing in coming in and that I still needed to watch out for headache, blurry vision, etc, etc, etc for about 24 hours.

By the time we got home, I needed to take a nap! A late nap at that. 

Waiting.

No comments: