Monday, January 16, 2017

I LOVE JANUARY!!

It's a great time to get some closets and drawers cleaned out, catch up on some sewing projects and just not feel any stress. Today I thinned some clothes from my closet....just the beginning. I still have more to get rid of but I have to gather my courage! I also got my desk drawers cleaned out and organized, tossed some brochures and magazines AND went to the nail salon for a color change. I like the fact that I can go every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks for a color change for $15 and don't have to get a manicure. I always get gel (shellac) polish because it lasts and doesn't chip. Last time I had gray glittery polish that turned turquoise when cold, but look what I got today!

warm hand

I ran the tips under cold water to change the color

And here they are after a bit more cold water. Isn't that fun?? They have lots of new polish that have this ability to change colors. Can't wait to try a new color combo next time. Life is short....LIVE A LITTLE!

Over the weekend I did some sewing and got TWO projects finished. The first one is a Bionic Gear Bag which was tricky to put together but I think it came out pretty good. I will be using this one for sewing supplies to take to future classes. I may make more of these because they are really neat little bag to use for a variety of purposes. Look at all those zippers! I didn't need to purchase any fabric for this bag. I just chose coordinating fabrics from my stash. LOVE IT!

The other item is a rigid-sided, folding, hand sewing "table" that has pockets to put your project in. This will be a good item to use when flying or in the car when I need to do a bit of hand stitching, which I almost never do. BUT, I have a teensy project in mind that will be a fun one and this little thing-a-ma-jig will be a great aid. 


And that is why I like January! I still have the pantry to clean out and reorganize but that will happen later this week. My aunt has been in the hospital for 6 days and is being transferred to rehab this evening because she is too weak to go back home. Tomorrow I will go see how she is settling in to her new temporary digs.

No comments: