Monday, July 14, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Real Estate Agent Part 2

There is Kristi Hansen. Several agents toured one of her listings today after our business meeting. We always tour homes after our business meeting. I rode with her and another agent since, as you will see later on, I'm just about completely out of gas in my car. Kristi's car is a Ford hybrid with a 12 gallon gas tank. What was Ford thinking??? 12 gallons? More trips to fill up.
Another source of frustration for me...our color copier! There is the flyer I created for my newest listing. Printing the flyer was easy. Printing postcards? Ugggg. For some reason my computer doesn't communicate well with the printer. It takes FOREVER to get the information from the computer to the printer and then sometimes when several other agents are printing their documents (how dare they!) it really gets interesting! Luckily we all seem to get have similar frustrations in using office equipment so it can get comical.

I don't usually go out to lunch, but Lorraine asked if we wanted to join her, so she, Nancy and I walked over to O'Char's for some Thai food. My favorite? Cashew Chicken. And what do you suppose we talked about? Business. We are all real estate agents after all. Should I have my business in an LLC? Just what can we take as tax deductions? Oh, and of course we talked about the difficulty in finding buyers for our listings!


You get the idea! I bet you have all wanted to toss your computer into the garbage can. I have spent so much wasted time trying to print color postcards, cut them apart and make the blankety-blank labels print within the proper space. I guess I will have to give in and send my file to the print shop. I love the creativity that this business affords me but I get so exasperated!!


I'm driving on fumes and Costco is just around the corner from my office...glug, glug, glug....$84.78???? And I use regular not premium!


In the car. I would be sunk without my bluetooth so I can talk on the phone and drive at the same time. I spend quite a bit of time in the car on SR 900 between Issaquah and home.


Quick stop at home to let Frodo outside to run a bit. I gulped down a big glass of ice water too. It sure is hot outside!

No comments: