Monday, July 14, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Real Estate Agent Part 1

Wake up sleepy head!! I'm NOT a morning person, but I'm out the door at 7:45 (I know that is late for most of you!) with my list of tasks that need to be done today. Here is the clock in the laundry room as I make my way out to the garage, get in the car and get going for the day. In the old days when the kids were still home, Monday was laundry day. Bye laundry room....Bye Dave....Bye Frodo!

I needed to stop at my listing that is now pending and put up a sold sign, so decided to do this before my sales meeting. I also removed my lockbox and flyers from inside. This sale will close next week. See...there really ARE buyers out there!!!!



Here is my cube! Boy, I didn't realize how messy it looks until I saw this picture! It looks like a jungle, but I'm pretty organized even though it doesn't look like it! There is my grandkids Valentine card! Their pictures are pinned on the wall along with all sorts of information that I need to keep at arms length. I don't leave my laptop at the office....I have a computer rolling tote that I can put my files in and all those cords necessary for uploading photos from the camera and syncing my phone to the computer. My coffee mug is out of site on the right, and usually I have a cup of coffee keeping me company.




I bet your are thinking just what our office manager, Sharon, was thinking when she saw me taking a picture of our fax machine. "WHY are you taking a photo of the fax machine?" I tried to explain that I was chronicling (that sure looks like incorrect spelling to me, so let's try the word "recording") my day so I could post it on my blog. She wasn't impressed and I'm sure she thinks I'm crazy! But I'm at the office and I have to send a fax, so here's the photo.






Monday Morning 9 am Sales Meeting. Tim McCanta is our broker and we have an hour meeting to review the latest news about the market, learn about the law and the latest real estate forms, have reports from our mortgage rep, Tim Cassill, escrow rep, Barbara Fox, and title rep, Janene Jaramillio. Janene missed the meeting this morning but she showed up later to keep in touch with the agents. Don F. (an agent) used to bring Krispy Kreme donuts in each week for our meetings but I think he got tired of paying! Did anyone ever offer to reimburse him? I didn't! I just figured the broker was paying for them and didn't discover the truth until the donuts stopped showing up!




No comments: