Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Aunt Eileen is back in the hospital

This time it is pneumonia. She was hospitalized with pneumonia several months ago also. It is hard to believe that my aunt is almost 95 years old! She is hard of hearing which causes her much aggravation, but she had difficulty keeping her last pair of hearing aids going, and because they are so very expensive, she goes without.

She was sent to the hospital yesterday by the staff at her facility and after I discovered that she was being admitted, I asked the nurse to tell her I would be in the next day. When I arrived at noon today, she was picking at her lunch (stir-fry) and ready for me to be there! She was feeling much better today, since they began antibiotic treatments and had her sitting up in a chair. When she lays down, her coughing is a real problem. It appears as though she will be sent back home on Friday. She asked if I could take her home because she can't afford the cabulance ride and of course, I told her not to worry that I will be there when she is discharged.

June 23rd is her birthday and she wants to make sure that I order a big cake and bring it in to her assisted living facility to share with everyone there. She mentioned this to me several months ago, so it is on my calendar. I won't be surprised if she makes it to 100! She still has all her faculties but thinks she is really forgetful. I hope I am as lucid as she is should I actually live that long!

Get well, Aunt Eileen!!

No comments: