Thursday, January 29, 2015

Art Journal 2nd Layout

Whenever I begin a project, I never quite know how it will end up. That's what happened with this layout. I began with some shimmer coral/pink pearlescent powder and smudged it on the surface with my fingers. Then I added some shimmer violet. I've had these small "pots" of color for several years and can't remember just what the product is. I'm glad I didn't get rid of all my art supplies when we moved! I then wrote a couple of paragraphs from the book The Five Little Peppers and how they grew because I like children's books and I bought the book years ago with the intent of reading it, which I have yet to do.

My dear mother-in-law, Jan, had told me that it was one of her favorite book series when she was a child. I figured what a good way this would be to remember my MIL! Of course, the hot peppers are just a reminder of the five children written about in the book. And the big black dog is featured in the book. One day I will get around to reading it. I have a compilation of the stories that was published in 1984, but the stories were actually written by Margaret Sidney from 1881 to 1916.

I used one of my favorite products, acrylic Gesso by Liquitex, to set the powder, dog picture and handwriting. I made a stamp out of a potato to make the puppy paws and found some drawings online of peppers so I could glue them onto the page. All in all, it was a fun page to make and sort of memorialize my mother-in-law.



No comments: