Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas is coming!

Whether we are ready or not. I'm getting there. I have so many project I would like to do, but am running out of time! Here are a few of the things that I have made.

The 3 snowflakes are made from a small styrofoam ball with many toothpicks stuck in it. I then spraypainted them white and when dry I sprayed them with snow in a can. Pretty cool, hunh?



Here is our tiny tree. Love that it is so simple to put up and take down!
Shauna asked if I could knit a neck scarf for Charlotte and viola...done!
Here is another quick & easy project. Buy a pretty potholder and a matching dish towel. Then sew the right side of the potholder to the middle of the towel and stitch with zigzag stitch so it will be secure. Put a strip of velcro on insides of potholder to hold together. Now you have a kitchen towel that you can hang from either the loop at the top, or open the potholder and place it around your oven doorhandle and velcro shut. Isn't that sweet??
Since Dave's brother, Bob, fell off a ladder and had a very serious broken leg, we have been dealing with all the details that need to be handled. He has been in the hospital for 5 days now and may come home either tomorrow or Wednesday. My craft projects are on temporary hold! I suspect that after he gets settled in, I will get some time to finish up some things, but then, I keep finding new craft ideas that I want to try. I will have more to share, but maybe not until after Christmas!

No comments: