Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gardenias! LOVE the fragrance



I bought this gardenia plant several months ago from Valley Medical Center's gift shop (where I volunteer once a week) and this is the 2nd time it has bloomed. Look at all the blossoms!! I remember my first corsage was a gardenia and I've loved the smell ever since. Indoor plants are something I've always had and I've tried my hand at many different ones and some are stand-outs in my mind. Unfortunately after awhile some of them bite the dust. Another favorite is the Hibiscus plant. Such lovely flowers in pretty colors. I may need to get another one soon. The downside is that if you go out of town for more than a week and there is no one available to water them, they don't do well.
 
Right now I'm watching my Betta fish closely. Poor little guy. Remember that I posted a picture of him a month and a half ago and I thought he was dying then? He's still alive and I usually find him in the morning lying on the marbles at the bottom of his "tank" and when I wiggle the container he moves his fins and looks at me. So sad. One day I know I will have to flush him.....

No comments: