Thursday, January 17, 2008

Brides Against Breast Cancer

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of volunteering to help with the Brides Against Breast Cancer Tour of Gowns at the Doubletree Hotel at SeaTac. What is this all about? You can click on the following link to learn more: http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/ The overall purpose of this foundation is to take donated used and new wedding gowns and tour the country to offer them for sale at a HUGE discount to prospective brides. Money taken in is then used to grant wishes to those who are dealing with metastatic breast cancer. Sort of like the Make a Wish Foundation, but this is directed to people with breast cancer.

I am a survivor (18 years!!) so when a friend asked me if I could volunteer to help with fitting gowns, I jumped at the chance. The big trucks will roll up to the Hilton Hotel in Bellevue Friday and Saturday (18th and 19th) and I plan on helping again on Friday. It is great fun, for a good cause. AND a bonus is to see all those beautiful gowns and accessories! Check out the website and see how you might help.

No comments: