Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm back in my craft room!

I'm so happy to get past the Christmas rush. I spent some time tidying up my craft room on Saturday and had enough extra time to make this necklace and earring set. I have tons of pretty gemstone beads and am hoping to get back to that craft.


The main bead is white magnesite, although they are really creme with brown veining. I used some small brown beads in between but can't remember what they are. I made this necklace 18" long.


Shauna (daughter) called me yesterday and asked if I could make her some fabric bread bags. Hmm. That sounded simple enough! I had some new very large, medium weight dish towels that I had wanted to embroider so I simply cut them to what I thought might be the right size, 10" by 15" or thereabouts and began looking for an appropriate embroidery design. I could only find one design that had a bread basket on it so I used it for one and just did a very simple design under the word "BREAD" on each of them. The embroidery took the most time. I used my serger to sew up the edges, turned under the top and slipped some cording through and VIOLA! I made 3 and still have enough fabric for at least 6 more. That was a fun project. I hope you like these, Shauna!



I love all my machines! I own a Baby Lock Ellegante which I used for the embroidery designs, a Baby Lock Imagine serger with jet air threading which makes it a snap to thread, and I even used my 12 pound Baby Lock Audrey sewing machine to put in the buttonhole and stitch down the top casing. I am fortunate to have this extra machine so I don't have to stop everything to wait for the embroidery work to finish up.

I do have a busy week ahead, but my creative juices are raring to go!!


No comments: