Saturday, August 15, 2009

Orange Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars

I admit that I was watching TV on Thursday while babysitting my granddaughter...aawww....and saw Giada DeLaurentiis making this dessert. I just had to try it! Here is what you do. Lightly spray some cooking spray in your 10x13" pan (approx.)Take a roll of sugar cookie dough (Pillsbury is good) and smoosh it flat in the pan so it is about 1/4" thick. Bake it at 350 in your oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and spread some orange marmalade over the top. Toast about 1 C of nuts of your choice (I used almond and pecans) and then chop them and sprinkle them on top of the marmalade. Then drizzle some melted chocolate chips over the top. Let it set for a few hours so the chocolate hardens (oops, I didn't do that) then cut apart and enjoy! EASY

No comments: